Programme Description: This programme will enable students to build a promising professional future in their area of choice by providing them with a comprehensive understanding of the main principles, concepts, tools, trends and developments in the theory and practice of marketing.
Rationale: Marketing is a highly competitive and rewarding field. Businesses across every industry rely on marketing professionals to generate awareness of their brand and increase sales of their products and services. The programme consists of courses that aim at providing students with the necessary skills and abilities and comprehensive knowledge to thrive within the Marketing world.
Aims of the Programme
The aims of the programme are the following:
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills relevant to all aspects of Marketing and Marketing Strategy.
- To enable graduates to communicate effectively and think creatively.
Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of the programme are to provide to the student the opportunity to:
- Identify and comprehend the fundamental concepts, practices and tools in the field of Marketing.
- Apply the key methodologies and tools in different organisation settings.
- Acquire specialised knowledge in marketing communications.
- Interpret and evaluate issues involved in organisational decision-making through the application of problem-solving frameworks.
- Apply marketing strategies in a variety of settings and organisations.
Programme Learning Outcomes
The key learning outcomes of this programme are:
- Explain key marketing concepts and determine their relationship and practical application in a variety of settings and organisations.
- Interpret marketing concepts and communicate effectively in different organisational settings.
- Assess contemporary developments in the local and international marketing field.
- Explain the relationship between marketing theory and practice.
- Define and relate marketing principles and theory to current marketing issues and challenges.
- Assess business processes as they relate to organisational goals and develop strategic plans.
- Identify, analyse and use relevant sources of information in the field of marketing.
- Apply complex qualitative and quantitative data to support strategic and operational decision-making.
- Develop and evaluate problem-solving and decision-making frameworks to propose solutions to organisational opportunities, challenges, risks and change.